New York is a great business destination that attracts a large number of international investors on a yearly basis. A startup in NY can be registered by any kind of investor who wants to develop a business idea and to make profits in one of the largest and most appreciated markets in the world. The formalities of a startup in New York can be handled entirely by one of our company formation agents in USA.
Table of Contents
What is the best business structure for startups in NYC?
The limited liability company is the proper business structure for startups in NY. There are specific steps to consider for opening a startup in NY and mostly refer to the registration. Here is what you need to know:
- The business idea needs to be chosen in the first place.
- One must open a bank account linked to the startup in NYC.
- The business name, product development, sales & marketing must be comprised of a business plan. Our specialists can help you from the start.
- The registration of the LLC starts with the New York Secretary of State.
- The Articles of Association are the main documents of the firm. These must comprise all the details about the formation of the company, owners, business address, etc.
- The registration for taxation in New York is mandatory.
There are other important steps involved in the registration of a startup in New York, and one of our specialists in company formation in USA can offer complete support.
Are you planning to open a branch in USA? You will need a legal representative to establish this structure, a bank account, obtaining the EIN and business license. All formalities can be carefully managed by one of our company formation agents in USA who have experience in this field. Therefore, do not hesitate to get in touch with our team and see how you can be helped.
An operating agreement for my startup in NY
There is no obligation for having an operating agreement for a startup in NY, yet, it is recommended to create such an internal document. The voting rights, and the duties of each forming member are stipulated by an operational agreement. Alongside the Articles of Association, the operating agreement is then published in two local newspapers in New York. It is highly important to respect the business conditions and requirements in USA, so for a better understanding of all the rules, feel free to discuss with our company formation agents in USA.
The EIN in New York
The EIN is the Employer Identification Number or the tax code (tax ID number) of companies in USA. Such a number is issued by the IRS (Internal Revenue Service), the financial institution that oversees all the companies registered in USA, from a financial point of view. Those intending to sell goods and services in New York through their startups must register for New York Sales Tax. You can solicit the support of our experts.
Our team of company formation agents can provide the necessary assistance for those who want to start a company in USA. Drawing up documents such as Articles of Association, registering for paying taxes, opening a bank account and obtaining a business license are among the most important formalities for incorporating a company, and specialized help is necessary.
Do I need special licenses and permits for my startup in NY?
One must respect the local and federal rules regarding how the business is done. This means that most businesses need licenses and permits. For example, if you intend to open a restaurant or a coffee shop, it is important to obtain a health permit. Building permits are required for construction startups in NY.
If you have decided to open an LLC company in Delaware, you can benefit from the services offered by our company formation agents in the USA. We offer corporate services for those interested in business in this American state and we can manage the paperwork and formalities involved. Among these, opening a bank account and registering for tax payments. We are here to help you incorporate the desired company in a fast and reliable manner.
Other things to consider for a startup in New York
Once the startup in NY is registered, one should consider the services of an insurance company. Newly-formed businesses might seem vulnerable in the first place, therefore, an insurance policy is required. A general liability policy is normally addressed to small businesses in USA. Our team can help you at any time. Plus, there are other things to consider for your startup in NY:
- The services of a team of accountants are required.
- Providing high-quality services is important and defines your brand. You can develop your business around this idea.
- Consider creating a website for your startup in NY, in order to attract customers as much as possible.
- Do not forget the social media platforms that can help you develop your startup in NY.
One of our company formation representatives in USA can provide you with complete assistance.
10 easy steps to create startups in New York
New York is for sure an appealing business destination thanks to the existing opportunities in most of the sectors. Foreigners who want to start a company in New York can get in touch with our specialists who can manage the incorporation process, regardless of future activities. We also present you 10 simple steps to create startups in New York:
1. Choose the business idea – Deciding on the business idea you want to implement in New York is definitely the first step to consider. A grocery store, a clothing boutique, a car rental business, a shoe store, or a financial company are great business ideas for New York.
2. Plan the NYC startup – A business plan is required for any type of activity. Such a plan must comprise the name of the future startup in New York, the business structure, the main activity, details about the investment budget, and a marketing plan among others.
3. Create a financial plan – NYC startups require a financial plan so you can be prepared for the future investments. The business startup costs are important to any kind of entrepreneur, so an organized list is quite recommended. There are also funding options like small loans, or business grants.
4. Choose the business structure for your startup in New York – LLC is the preferred business structure in USA due to simple formalities, fast registration, and great tax system. However, one can also form a sole proprietorship and be fully responsible for profits and losses in the business.
5. Register your startup in New York – If the above-mentioned steps are concluded, it is time to register the NYC startup. This means that you need to appoint a registered agent, get the EIN, create the company documents (the operating agreement is optional, but suggested), and submit them to the relevant authorities. We remind you that our agents in USA can assist you throughout the incorporation formalities.
6. Open a bank account in New York – Having a business means a different financial operation for which a bank account is required. This is an important step to consider for opening a startup in New York.
7. Hire the services of an accountant – This field is quite complex, so you should be helped by an experienced accountant who knows what kind of taxes you need to pay and other relevant business-related aspects. You can talk to us and see how we can help you from this point of view.
8. Apply for special licenses and permit – NYC startups require specific licenses and permits before activating on the market. Such licenses (state and federal) will show that your business can legally work. This is another important aspect covered by our specialists.
9. Consider having an insurance for your startup in New York – Businesses can be subject to different risks that cannot be properly managed. This is where a general liability insurance policy can offer support and protection, so make sure you get complete information on this topic.
10. Promote your brand in New York – A business plan for an NYC startup should comprise a budget to serve the promotion and marketing strategy. Such plans stand at the base of growing a startup in New York, therefore, you should keep in mind this aspect from the beginning.
Besides the above-mentioned steps for forming NYC startups, foreign entrepreneurs should create a website to promote the services and products offered. Moreover, social media channels should be created at the same time for better visibility of the newly formed startup in New York.
With the help of our specialists in company formation in USA, overseas investors can benefit from guidance and support. Having an experienced team of specialists by their side will only be beneficial because the operations can start relatively fast.
Working with our agents in New York, USA
Our company formation representatives in USA have experience in the business field and closely collaborate with both domestic and international entrepreneurs. Having guidance for a series of business formalities is quite recommended because some aspects might not be that easy to handle. Our team relies on professionalism, efficiency, transparency, and attention to detail because we want to achieve the targets and to act in the best interest of customers.
Short facts about startups in NY
The American startup visa can be easily obtained by foreigners interested in businesses in USA. In terms of numbers, New York is placed second among startup ecosystems in the world, valued at approximately USD 71 billion. Here are some other facts and figures about the economy and business in USA:
- Around USD 4.46 trillion was the total FDI for USA in 2019, according to the information provided by bea.gov.
- Wholesale trade, financial and insurance, and manufacturing are sectors that received most of the FDIs in USA last year.
- Around USD 2,871 billion represented the total FDI stock that came from Europe to USA in 2019.
- Approximately 40% of the total FDI in USA was directed to the manufacturing sector.
If you would like to know more about how to open a startup in NY, we kindly invite you to talk to one of our company formation agents in USA and solicit complete assistance. Contact us soon.